To get the most out of your soy candle, there are some things you need to know:
1. Trim your wick to about 6-8mm before your relight your candle. This will ensure a long-lasting candle and remove any mushrooming on the wick.
2. . Take care when extinguishing your candle. If you blow too vigorously, you can cause the wax to splatter. I possible , invest in a candle snuffer as this is much safer option.
3. If you see areas of frosting on your candle, do not worry. This is completely normal and a sign that you have a 100% natural soy candle. Even the top candle-makers cannot prevent this ( at least without using additives or adding paraffin.)
4. If you feel like your candle fragrance seems to be getting less noticeable over time, you have probably developed ‘candle nose’ and gotten used to the gragrance filling the room. When this happens, go outdoors for ahwile , go for a walk, ask a friend for their opinion or simply alternate between different candle scents.
5. Avoid burning your candle right to the very bottom of the container as this can be a safety hazard. . It can over-heat the glass and cause it to shatter. For the same reason, do not allow any flame to get close to the sides of a container.
6. Once the candle has reached the end of its life, you can clean out the jar quite easily in hot soapy water and recycle it or get it refilled. One word of caution however, NEVER let the was go down a sink or drain as it will solidify when cooled and cause a blockage.
7. And finally, always remember the basics of candle safety!